Current problems faced by the scientific community and the users of scientific content today include:
(1) information overload;
(2) access barriers;
(3) reproducibility issues;
(4) built-in biases; and,
(5) incentive misalignment.
Project Aiur of Iris.ai will initiate a decentralized community of researchers, coders, and anyone interested in science that will work to address the problems outlined above. We will collaborate to build what we call a “Knowledge Validation Engine” based on artificial intelligence technology – a machine where we can take a piece of research and have it checked up against all other research in the world. This means we will over time build a massive collection of research that has been validated. Members of the community will be rewarded for their contributions – of code, quality assurance, training data or research publications – with tokens, that can be used to access third party services built on top of Project Aiur. Creating a fully fledged economy with well aligned incentives will enable the uprooting of an industry which today is hindering scientific progress. AIUR is a new utility token enabling the world of accessible, validated, reproducible science.
– Token symbol: AIUR
– Scheduled start of public token sale: September 4th, 2018
– Token platform: Ethereum, ERC20
– Token fundraising target amount: 10,000,000 EUR
– Accepted currency: ETH
– 75% of the amount raised will belong to the community, and will be released subject to development milestones – to anyone who achieves them, subject to community scrutiny. The remaining 25% will be allocated to Iris.ai for the planning and initial execution of the project.
– No investors from the US, People’s Republic of China, South Korea, Iran, Republic of Singapore or Canada
– No one entity holding more than 2% of the total pool
– Investments over a certain threshold require identity checks